If you have followed our advice, and upgraded as soon as humanly possible after we reported about the Joomla! hack, you might have noticed something strange.
If you used Admin Tools, you might have noticed that the Joomla! version number was shown multiple times in your website back-end. A strange sight indeed, but nothing you can't fix with some module surgery. Here's how you get rid of those odd looking Joomla! 2.5.3 references in no time!
Steps to take.
These version numbers you are seeing, are modules - which you can simply remove.
- Log in to your Administrator Panel
- Go to "Extensions > Module Manager".
- By default you will only see the modules for the front end. Flip tp the back-end modules by selecting the "Site" filter and changing it to "Administrator".
- In the list of modules, look for "Joomla version". You will find this module multiple times.
- Delete all extra modules (except one).
And voila! Problem solved. While it was good to get at least a double confirmation to know you're up to date, you got rid of the extra version numbers.