And with the help of Akeeba Backup Professional
and Square One CMS...
As a site builder or web developer, you know creating back-ups of your websites is extremely important. You make sure that you frequently create back-ups of every site. With tools like Akeeba Backup Pro it's ridiculously easy to do this.
But what about your development environment? If you are developping locally or on a server, making back-ups is pretty important as well. Making a back-up of your sites is pretty simple on most systems. But what about your databases? I mean, you could export them every once in a while using PHPMyAdmin, or install some 3rd party tool to get the job done. But have you considered using Akeeba Backup to get the job done?
The tools for the job
Now that the idea is planted in your head, let me explain how you can use Akeeba Backup Pro to create a back-up of all your local mysql databases. Of course you'd need a site to install Akeeba Backup in...
That is where Square One CMS comes in. This light weight distribution is stripped of all the crap you don't need for our goal, which makes it the perfect platform. Secondary, you'll need Akeeba Backup PROFESSIONAL.
- Download Square One CInstall it in your development environment, like you install any Joomla site.
- Download Akeeba Backup Professional. Core won't cut it, you'll need a feature that is specific to the commercial version.
- Install Akeeba Backup in the newly created site.
- You now see "Akeeba Backup" in your site menu. Perfect. Creating a backup is now only two clicks away.
- Click "Akeeba Backup", and create a new Profile.
- Configure the Profile. You only need to make one change to the settings: Change the backup type to "All Selected databases (Archive File)
You are half way there. The next step is to add the databases you want to back-up.
- In the correct Profile, click "Multiple Databases Definitions"
- Add the databases you want to back-up. It's a simple procedure, but in case of doubt visit the Akeeba Site to read the documentation.
Hit the back-up button
Now, hit the back-up button. Every time you create a back-up, a back-up of all your databases will be created. You can store these back-ups in a safe place - or use one of the many features Akeeba Backup Pro offers to store your back-ups in a "better place" immediately.
- Square One CMS, the lightweight, awesome Joomla distribution
- Akeeba Backup Professional. Professional. Professional. Pro... If you didn't get it now, you never will.
Enjoy your back-ups!